We are instructed by a UK Top 100 Law firm in the City to recruit a proven Professional Standards and Risk Manager to join their team on a 14-15 month Maternity Cover contract with a potential view to a permanent role.
Our client is listed in the 2018 'Top 100 firms to work for' and they represent a far-reaching list of clients from globally recognised companies to start-ups as well as charities, social enterprises and public bodies.
We are looking for an individual who can step into a varied and dynamic role, and support the firm's General Counsel in maintaining a robust quality and risk management framework. The Professional Standards and Risk Manager will enjoy autonomy in providing innovative and effective solutions in risk.
The Professional Standards and Risk Manager will head up a team that firm has grown significantly in recent yearsand help the firm as a whole in delivering the highest standards of client care, improving the efficiency of processes and addressing legal and regulatory changes.
- Assisting the GC in AML, professional indemnity, reputation, financial crime, data and information security, and conflict issues
- Providing expertise in compliance queries in relation to the SRA Code of Conduct and Principles and conflicts of interest
- Assisting the GC with Data Breach management
- Assisting the GC in providing training on regulatory issues, including conflicts of interest.
- Managing cross-departmental matter management issues
- Assisting the GC in relation to the firm's client engagement and terms of business documentation
- Supporting regulatory investigations and assessments
- Review and creation of policies and procedures
We are looking for an individual who likes to work in a team who value each other and who has a proven track record of managing Professional Standards and Risk in a collaborative envrionment. A proven track record in dealing with conflicts of interest matters autonomously is a must and the successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate strong experience in dealing with matters regarding the SRA Code of Conduct and other regulatory matters that impact lawyers.
Our client actively promotes work/life balance, encouraging everyone to work from home one day per week. The firm provides and excellent benefits package and a very competitive salary.
If the opportunity is of interest, please click to apply or contact Aaron Stocks on email@example.com for more information, quoting the reference AS2182.