Infrastructure Architect - Bradford - Software House - £45K-£55K (negotiable)
Our superb software house client requires an Infrastructure Architect who will be responsible for working closely with their clients and planning and designing system architecture. In-depth technical knowledge is required along with very strong client communication skills too. The person will have solid financial experience (ideally), and be able to build business cases including cost-benefit analyses to persuade clients of the merits of strategic infrastructure decisions. The clients are existing and already in place - very large long term contracts - all contact is made along with the client manager.
As the Infrastructure Architect you will have a top down view across the infrastructure taking in security, performance and data considerations, both in-house and for clients. Being a superb technologist is a given and you will articulate in plain language how technology can help reduce costs, improve service and increase profits. A confident person with robust opinions, you will push for innovative solutions to support the business and make things better - this is a senior role in the team. You will foresee future technology trends, implement scalable solutions and make sure that business processes and technology solutions fit together to meet organisational requirements - lot of responsibility and seniority in technology decisions.
If you have experience below we want to hear from you - you need to be an all rounder basically. Maybe not needing everything - but strong in general.
Primary knowledge required:
· Infrastructure monitoring
· Disaster Recovery
· MS operating systems
· SQL Server and SQL queries; a good practical understanding of Microsoft SQL Database Administration
· A good understanding of Networking principles and concepts; exposure to multiple vendors of Firewall and Load Balancer devices such as Cisco, Juniper, F5 and Brocade would be advantageous; infrastructure approaches (use of load balanced servers, DB Clusters, SAN's)
· Demonstrate a solid understanding of security and compliance principles, especially pertaining to PCI-DSS
· Web Services (SOAP & REST)
Secondary knowledge (desirable):
· .NET and web based programming experience including XML, SQL 2005 / 2008, UML
· XML and Schemas
If you wish to apply for this fantastic opportunity we look forward to hearing from you - apply on the button to get a meet with the client. Awesome role and very exciting potential in the business for someone with the experience required.