ConsultTechnology is working with one of UK's big 4 who due to continued growth is seeking to appoint Cyber Security Senior Associates in London.
As a Senior Associate in the Cyber Security practice, you will provide expert technical advice, guidance, and support on cybersecurity, both in business-as-usual and for live and planned projects within our clients’ business.
The Cyber Security Senior Associate will work as a generalist but have specialties in specific areas which can be developed and honed as your career develops. This role would suit someone who is comfortable working across the cybersecurity spectrum and disciplines but with a plan to develop into a specialism.
As a minimum, candidates for this role must have the following:
- Some (however limited) information security experience in any form (i.e. operational, consultancy and/or sales)
- Strong academic background such as a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any subject
- Excellent business writing skills
- A good understanding of IT infrastructure fundamentals such as networks, operating systems and databases
- Knowledge of infrastructure and application security requirements and benchmarks (e.g. OWASP, CIS)
- While not prerequisites, the following will be advantageous:
- Experience or understanding of security legislation and regulatory frameworks (e.g. DPA, PCI-DSS, RIPA, PSD)
- Experience or understanding of security methodologies and industry standards (e.g. ISO27001, NIST, SANS)
- Any cyber/information security certification (e.g. CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC)
- Experience of internal or external consulting or audit engagements
- Exposure to multi-tier, web based and cloud based IT architectures
- Knowledge of security technologies (e.g. AV, SIEM, IDM, IPS, F/W, SSO, DLP)
- Knowledge of security assessment frameworks (e.g. threat modelling, controls assessment, risk assessment)