There is a new opening for a leading UK law firm based in London to join the Compliance and Conflicts Team.
1. Legal analysis of potential conflicts / confidentiality issues and reviewing conflict check results (produced by the Firm's Business Acceptance Unit);
2. Supporting and advising the Conflicts Committee in collating information from the business and making recommendations for the Committee's decision;
3. Understanding and identifying wider commercial, risk and reputational issues at client acceptance / conflict checking stage;
4. Liaising with partners and fee earners: to obtain further information to assist with conflicts analysis; to advise on engagement terms which manage conflict and confidentiality;
5. Attending Conflicts Committee meetings and advising the business of decisions made by the Conflicts Committee;
The successful candidate will have:
1. An excellent academic record (ideally a law degree / GDL and LPC or international equivalent) and ideally further legal training;
2. Ideally 1+ years' experience of client facing in work in a large law firm; and
3. Current knowledge of conflicts and confidentiality requirements in the SRA Handbook and common law (although further training will be provided once in the role).